Friday 9 September 2022

"The queen, my lord, is dead."

 

The gravity of the event is really hitting.

I personally have never known another monarch, through growing up and celebrating with my own family our own lives, and those shared with the Queen, who has been the nations mother and Grandmother for so long, displaying dignity in times of hardship, and knowing what words of comfort to pass on.

The Queen's speech: Christmas Day. An institution.

Celebrating the Silver Jubilee.

My twin brother and I excitedly being taken on the Silver Jubilee Fleet Review, around the Solent, with my dad (then serving RN) somehow wagging us a day off Junior school.

My dad was decent, he'd have told the headmaster the reason, and the head being old school serving military doubtless would have thought a day on the Solent, for such a prestigious event, worth more than a day's education.

Her Majesty, our constant, our rock.

May God take you to his eternal peace.

Reunited, with Philip. XX

No comments: